Service Parts Warranty Summary: Parts Sold Over-the-Counter
Genuine Ford and Motorcraft® Parts
IMPORTANT: This is a summary of warranty highlights. For more information, the seller will refer to the Ford Warranty & Policy Manual. Ford Motor Company offers a limited warranty on new Genuine Ford and Motorcraft® parts sold to U.S. customers through an authorized Ford-Lincoln Dealership or Ford Authorized Distributor. The authorized seller warrants that any new Ford or Motorcraft® part sold by the authorized seller that is found to be defective in factory-supplied material or workmanship will be repaired, replaced or exchanged at Ford’s discretion. Unique warranty coverage may apply. Customer should return part to seller with original dated receipt for purchase verification.
GENERAL WARRANTY COVERAGE:
• Ford & Motorcraft parts sold on, or after, October 1, 2013:
o 24 months/Unlimited miles.
o Warranty begins on date of purchase for retail customer, or date of installation by fleet or installer.
• The Limited Warranty may be honored by the original installer or any Ford/Lincoln Dealer, even though that particular dealer was not the original purchaser/seller of the part.
• The Customer, Fleet or Installer must provide the original owner’s repair order or sales slip when repairs are requested.
• Fleet and Installers are eligible for labor reimbursement limited to $150.
• Fleet & Installer warranty parts and labor reimbursement requests must be supported with documentation:
o Repair order to include Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) & repair date
o Steps taken to determine cause of warranted concern with diagnostic results
o Labor amount is calculated using the fleet or installer hourly cost of labor multiplied by the time required to complete the repair.
o Labor time is to be supported by published time standard.
UNIQUE WARRANTY COVERAGES:
See Dealer or authorized Distributor for additional details of the following unique part warranties:
• Batteries: BXT Tested Tough MAX Batteries 36 months/100-month pro-rated; BXL Tested Tough PLUS Battery 18-months/84-months pro-rated. Other battery warranties vary by series.
• New & Remanufactured Transmission & Gas Engine Assemblies: 3 years/unlimited miles including labor
• Diesel Engines for Light Trucks: 2 years/unlimited miles, including labor
• Sheet Metal: Lifelong limited guarantee so long as original purchaser owns vehicle against rust perforation.
• Struts/Shock Absorbers: Non-commercial cars/light trucks: lifetime limited warranty to original purchaser.
• Spark Plug Wire Sets: Lifetime limited warranty to original purchaser.
• This warranty does not cover parts that fail due to abuse, misuse, neglect, alteration, impact, accident, racing or the use of non-Ford parts, or parts installed in vehicles other than those listed in Ford authorized catalogs, including other Ford Motor Company brands, or parts that are replaced as a part of normal maintenance.
• To the extent allowed by law: loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of the vehicle, commercial loss and consequential damages are not covered.
• There is no other express warranty on Ford Motor Company-supplied replacement parts, except such obligation as Ford may have assumed in its FCSD Warranty and Policy Manual or other warranty statements issued by the Dealer/Distributor.
• Any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited to the duration of this warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts; therefore, the limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT: This is a summary of the warranty highlights. For more information, the seller will refer to the Ford Warranty & Policy Manual.